I love the new design of iTunes 11!
However I am trying to figure out why some major good functionality seems to be missing.
Is there a way to have cover flow and/or album art on side bar preview on list view?
Am I missing anything that can turn these features on?
I want to also have album view on playlist but to have organized as "Date added" rather than alphabetically now.
Its really annoying as I have over 600GB of music that I rely on album art to help me look for albums or songs I want to play. And preferably on list view as I constantly need to edit/add data on each songs genre, comments but with limited list view its a major annoyance and inconvenience.
I also cannot funtion on this new version:
- On the playlist, I use to be able to search on it, now typing the song in search it searches on the main library instead.
- iTunes is now forcing me to use Grid view to look at my entire album art view, however when I play a song on the album, it won't let me just edit that songs genre, comments, etc etc. I have to switch back to list view to edit. How inconvenient. Also in the Grid view I can't play random songs or manually jump to a song I like. I have to click twice on every album cover to see if I have the right one. Why is Grid view only Album centric? Why can't it be listing songs out like cover flow, where there is a fabulous balance of album art flick through and a list of tracks with album art on the side when you select on the track even when a song is playing.
- I buy many many songs daily as I am a dj, and I rely on album covers to help me quickly link to a certain release I am looking for. As artists are so new, many names I have never heard of, I usually rely on album art to quickly zoom in on it.
- Since iTunes do not have Label information, I have placed all label name and serial number on each release so that when they go into a playlist with all the Label release they will go in chronological order. However since I have done this, the names of the label show up rather than the Artist field. Hence I am now on grid view getting only the release EP or LP name, but artist is the Label + Serial number. So I can't see the artist names. On iTunes 10, you could at least see the album art on cover flow and to be able to nicely balance the information missing on the coverflow to the list that is on the bottom which correlate to where you have selected the eo or album. iTunes 11 does not help at all in this regard, and I now feel stunted in trying to select music freely and organically.
iTunes 11 have left power users in the dark, or for those people rely on visual elements to help when they are on the list view. Apple please put these elements back in, right now it just doesn't work fluidly anymore.
How about this: Albums view sorts by artist...HUH? If it is album view, shouldn't I at least be able to change the sort order so it sorts by album title?? Okay, so you can, but it isn't real obvious how to do it and the problem is the default is what most people will use and the default view is the wrong view.
I Fully agree with you guys!
The sidebar Artwork is crucial in more ways than one:
1. it enables you to quickly see the artwork of the song you're playing or selecting. or for that matter whether the song doesn't have an artwork.
2. While you can see on the new title windown on top center a tiny small artwork window, there's no way today (at least none that I have found) to see artwork of songs you are only selecting and not playing!
3. To update a song or set of songs artwork was so easy: all you had to do was to copy a pic from somewhere, go to the artwork window and paste it! you could do this for one or many songs just as easily. Today that isn't possible. You'd need apparently to go on the song, right click, select get info, go to artwork tab and paste.
This is bad, and if I had known I wouldn't have upgraded!
I hope someone from the support team reads this so they fix real fast.