Skip navigation

Itunes 11 - What happened to Album Art on sidebar and cover flow?!

1958 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 3:11 PM by --A--C-- RSS
AA101 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 29, 2012 3:53 PM

I love the new design of iTunes 11!

However I am trying to figure out why some major good functionality seems to be missing.

Is there a way to have cover flow and/or album art on side bar preview on list view?

Am I missing anything that can turn these features on?

I want to also have album view on playlist but to have organized as "Date added" rather than alphabetically now.

Its really annoying as I have over 600GB of music that I rely on album art to help me look for albums or songs I want to play. And preferably on list view as I constantly need to edit/add data on each songs genre, comments but with limited list view its a major annoyance and inconvenience.

• LDMartin1959 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

AA101 wrote:

I love the new design of iTunes 11!

However I am trying to figure out why some major good functionality seems to be missing.

Is there a way to have cover flow and/or album art on side bar preview on list view?

Am I missing anything that can turn these features on?

I want to also have album view on playlist but to have organized as "Date added" rather than alphabetically now.

Its really annoying as I have over 600GB of music that I rely on album art to help me look for albums or songs I want to play. And preferably on list view as I constantly need to edit/add data on each songs genre, comments but with limited list view its a major annoyance and inconvenience.

Amen!!!!!

How about this: Albums view sorts by artist...HUH? If it is album view, shouldn't I at least be able to change the sort order so it sorts by album title?? Okay, so you can, but it isn't real obvious how to do it and the problem is the default is what most people will use and the default view is the wrong view.

• Al_Pacino Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I Fully agree with you guys!

The sidebar Artwork is crucial in more ways than one:

1. it enables you to quickly see the artwork of the song you're playing or selecting. or for that matter whether the song doesn't have an artwork.

2. While you can see on the new title windown on top center a tiny small artwork window, there's no way today (at least none that I have found) to see artwork of songs you are only selecting and not playing!

3. To update a song or set of songs artwork was so easy: all you had to do was to copy a pic from somewhere, go to the artwork window and paste it! you could do this for one or many songs just as easily. Today that isn't possible. You'd need apparently to go on the song, right click, select get info, go to artwork tab and paste.

This is bad, and if I had known I wouldn't have upgraded!

I hope someone from the support team reads this so they fix real fast.

Thanks.

And while we're at it, let's complain about the inability to specify an album be gapless.

• --A--C-- Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.