Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time to bring A Party Shuffle or DJ back to 11

What used to be Party Shuffle and then DJ is NOT in iTunes 11 and there is no replacement unless you do some several step jumping through hoops workaround. UP NEXT is a limited version which has it's own seperate window and cannot easly be used over sevaral playlists...continuously. In DJ could could switch between playlist and keep the music going while you moved tracks closer to play.

This should be a one step soloution. and not click ad click adand so on. In DJ/Shuffle, once it was on,you simply moved a song closer or futher away from the next play. Adding an UP NEXT feature to DJ, not that would be cool. But not instead of.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:33 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2012 8:28 AM in response to Maslov

I've been playing around with using playlists to feed a smart playlist that dynamically updates and drops recently played songs, but of course I can't move tracks aound in that directly, I have to jump up to "Up Next" to explicitly cue or delete songs... and I can't leave the "Up Next" panel floating while I'm browsing my library. It's a poor substitute for Party Shuffle / iTunes DJ. It's like going back to 2003.

Come on, Apple, get with the (cover)flow.

In the meantime, I'll hold off updating to iTunes 11 at home, I'm just glad I updated on my work computer first!

Time to bring A Party Shuffle or DJ back to 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.