Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11, audio books, how to get a correct sorted display?

I have some audio books ripped from CDs. The title have a track number (of a certain CD) and have a CD number. Track 3 of 5, CD 2 of 6. Unfortunately in the audio book view the titles for an audio book are not sorted by CD and then by track number. First should be all tracks of CD 1 in order, then of CD 2, and so on. In list view the sort order is correct. But not in the new audio book view.

Is there a way to tell iTunes 11 to sort the titles of an audio book in the correct order?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:28 PM

12 replies

Dec 26, 2012 3:19 PM in response to apfelliebhaber

The issue is still unsolved, I'm using slef ripped audio Books from CDs. In the "list" view the multi disc audio booksare shown in the correct order, when I switch to the "audio book" view, the tracks are sorted as follows:1 CD 1 , 1 CD 2, 1 CD 3, 2 CD 1, 2 CD2 etc. . From the audio book view the books play not in the correct order. Has Anybody a idea, how to solve the issue?

Jan 5, 2013 10:07 AM in response to apfelliebhaber

@Steve Taylor 1

thanks for your reply, you're right. I have done the same for some of my audiobooks. By building all tracks of one CD together you are able to circumnavigate the poor sorting algorithm. However, I still hope for an update of itunes 11 to solve the issue. It can't be that difficult, it worked in previous versions (1.10.xx and older). I'm not willing to join the files of about 100 audiobooks.

@ impactdave

Your solution will only work, if you have no multiple CD audiobooks. The problem is, that itunes 11 is not able to sort 2 level hierachy (track and CD) audiobooks.

itunes 11, audio books, how to get a correct sorted display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.