Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 5:38 PM by ChicagoBubba Branched to a new discussion.
geewai Level 1 (0 points)

Just installed iTunes 11, I like 'what's next' function very much, good job on this. BUT:

Why album artwork preview of songs that is not current playing cannot be seen??? Why, I don't understand......

Don't you feel the Songs page is half blank???? I know you can see the big album cover pop up when you click the mini album thumbnail for the song that is playing, but you can't do this for songs that is not playing, like in iTunes 10.

In iTunes 10 you can actually choose how album artwork will be displayed (click or play) which is very useful because I like to browse my artworks while playing songs, and I have different artworks assigned to each song!!! Now I can't view them.

Please add back this function, clearly Song tab is so white and blank, it could use some artwork.

• geewai Level 1 (0 points)

Also the bar displying how many songs I have and in how many gbs is gone... why... why...

• SeaBeast Level 4 (2,870 points)

Tho show the display bar, just go in the View menu and select it.  You can also renable the side bar.

To view what's similar the album artwork preview, click on the little artwork from the middle top iTunes display.  It will open it on the player.  It's pretty similar.

I'm also not happy of the disparition of the artwork on the list view... I feel them useless without this simple display option that should have been kept.

And it no longer possible to locate the song playing in any view like it was possible with the little arrow in the top middle iTunes diplay.

They always remove too much to then put those basic function back quietly in a couple of updates.

I figured out some of my own question; the equivalent of showing artwork in a list view is now quite similar the showing the Artist view.

As to the locate flipping arrow that is no longer there, you now have to click to the > arrow next to the now playing song title and select any "Go To" action... how to bring one step function to a two steps function just to clear the display...

I managed to get the sidebar opened again, but I still can't view songs that is not currently playing

and the thumbnail of artwork for the song that is currently playing is tiny..... I don't like open and close new pop up windows... I want it back on the side bar!

I guess that would not make sense to keep the iTunes artwork player since the whole view is now showing you your artworks.

• Darkstar Crashes Level 1 (0 points)

The artwork preview for selected song is essential for an effective, efficient iTunes experience for the way I use the program.

Absolutely unacceptable. This is a dealbreaker for me.

As nice as some of the other features are in v11, I won't be switching until this HUGE MISTAKE is fixed.

• mjcm_nl Level 2 (305 points)

As this is a User to User forum and I doubt very much that Apple employees read this, I think it's better if you send them feedback the more people do it the better.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

• madge28 Level 1 (0 points)

By display bar you mean "sidebar"?

And if yes, this sidebar still doesn't show the artwork of songs which are not being played.

But I guess you already know this.

• eww34445 Level 1 (0 points)

This is crazy, but I guess I shouldn't be surprized. As usual, this itunes update breaks or deletes features that I actually use and adds a bunch of junk that I don't need.

Apple pay attention!!!

thanks, I have send a feedback to iTunes, hope they listen

• DocHouse Level 1 (0 points)

I figured out you can't go to the current song being in a particular list different from "Music"... if you go by shortcut or useng the little arrown at the right of the song's name, being in a list created for oneselves, nothing happens...

• mjcm_nl Level 2 (305 points)

What happens if i you pause the song when it's playing and then start playing the song again ?

The artwork preview for selected song is essential for an effective, efficient iTunes experience for the way I use the program.

Hi,

I understand what you mean, I was also thinking that myself at first look...  But when would you show another artwork of what's playing...  You now got a full screen view full of artwork, you have it mini in the iTunes top display and if you click on it, you got the sizeable artwork.

New version, new adaptation to the way you use an app.  Take some time to experience it and understand the new way of doing things.  Good luck,

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next