Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes DJ features.. now gone?

There's a few things I loved about iTunes DJ:

- I always used a smart playlist that was made up of about 350 'random songs, not played in the last x days' + 'my current 40 favourite songs'.

In iTunes DJ that meant it actually kept shuffling all the time, so the favourite songs came by more often, and it didn't necessarily wait for all 390 songs to be played to get back to them.

Now with 'Up Next' it seems back to the average shuffle mode, where it does have to finish the entire playlist before repeating the entire shuffle.. Is there any way to get the old functionality back?

- I loved being able to quickly see/edit all the details/tags of songs coming up/just played. Just in one glance having their release year, whether they were a single or not, whether I already rated them or not, whether other tags are alright, etcetera.

As far as I can see once again 'Up Next' isn't doing quite as good a job at it.. or am I overlooking something?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:05 PM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2012 10:54 PM in response to Mvnl

Doesn't Apple do any market research before simply eliminating certain features in the next upgrade of their products? If I had've known there was no iTunes DJ, I never would have upgraded. I will have to be wiser next time and not just trust Apple to make good decisions on my behalf. Hopefully they will listen to the feedback and reverse this so that we can all enjoy the benefits that were in iTunes DJ again. It's certainly more hassle now to listen to random tracks.

Dec 1, 2012 2:54 AM in response to Mvnl

I agree totally that the removal of the DJ function is bad decision making. The one and only reason I have always been using Itunes was the DJ option.

Why oh why has this been removed? The new shuffling feature is not as easy, not as random, not as workfriendly.

So let's all add a line to this discussion and have Apple restore this great function!

iTunes DJ features.. now gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.