Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having issues with iOS 6 Music app "Artists" and "Albums" views not working with a shared iTunes library?

Anyone else having issues with the iOS 6 Music app"s "Artists" and "Albums" views not working with a shared iTunes library in iTunes 11? All I get is a few artists showing and a few albums, which are actually using artwork from other albums.

This is on an iPad 4, with of course iOS 6. My iPad 1 with iOS 5 and sharing from the same iTunes 11 library works fine and shows all artists and all albums. **** Apple, I buy a new iPad and right away basic functionality isn't working!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:08 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2012 1:54 AM in response to Taxes

Yes, me too. I just tried with iTunes 11 to see if all the Home Sharing issues reported since iOS6 came out have been resolved - see this discussion thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4313531. But I see the same as you - the Artists, Albums and Songs views will each show only parts of my library, and they contradict each other - so a song that shows under the Albums view might not appear in the Artists list!

Dec 1, 2012 1:51 AM in response to ayeupmeduck

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit surprised no one else has responded to my post but I'll check out that discussion you linked to. I have also submitted feedback to Apple regarding this issue under iTunes and iOS 6 so I hope you do too.

I find it bizarre that such an obvious bug would not be noticed before they released iTunes 11 and/or iOS 6. I've also noticed a few other issues with iTunes 11 like the store not always connecting so I have to close the app and restart it and then it connects. I also get delays and beach balls sometimes when simply selecting a song or video. Anyway, that belongs under iTunes.

I have to say though that other than that issue I am extremely impressed with the performance and reliability of my iPad 4. Coming from a 1st gen iPad to the 4 is a night and day difference. Everything about it is much quicker, such as wifi, cell service, even on 3G, and things like browsing and opening and using apps. I'm no longer using my little Windows laptop as browsing is just as quick, if not quicker, on the iPad. Even the battery life is better. Charging is not as quick but certainly much better than I experienced on the iPad 3 when a friend bought his and quicker than my laptop.

Thanks again for the response.

Anyone else having issues with iOS 6 Music app "Artists" and "Albums" views not working with a shared iTunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.