Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th Gen--Can it display length of audiobooks with chapters?

I just moved from a 3rd Gen iPod nano to a 7th Gen. I have a lot of audiobooks from Audible.com, which have chapters. On my old iPod, the "scrub" screen with the little diamond, that let me move through the file, showed the entire length of the book, and how far into it I was, in hours:minutes:seconds. Each chapter was just a line on that scrub bar. I could also see exactly how far into the book I was already. Now I'm using the new 7th Gen nano, and when I pick an audiobook I immediately see a listing of individual chapters. I can play one back, and get the "scrub" bar, but I can only see the full length of that chapter, and how far into that chapter I am--not the entire book.

So is there any way, with the 7th Gen nano, for me to see what the full length of the audiobook is, and how far into it I am? This was a very useful thing, since chapters vary by length, and if I want some sense of whether I'm a quarter, or halfway, etc. done with a book, I can't tell based on what chapter I'm on. Instead, I want to be able to see that I'm 2:17:45 into a book that's a total of 8:23:56 long. I think I can still do this if I look at it through iTunes (10, at least--I'm staying away from 11 for a while) but it's when I'm NOT at my computer that I really need to know this.

Is there some swipe or touch or feature that I'm missing, or does the 7th Gen nano no longer provide that capability?

Thanks very much.

iPod nano, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:36 PM

3 replies

iPod nano 7th Gen--Can it display length of audiobooks with chapters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.