Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help with this question iphone/ipod/ipad

How to turn off sync of updates, purchases etc.. When I am not hooled up to my computer my apps don't sync on my other two devices but as soon as I plug in I have 20 or more items trying to go on my iphone..I thought I turned of sharing but it still happens when I tried to update my sons ios to the 6 it was doing my phone as well I had to stop it. I went to the edit up on top and to preferences and I clicked prevent iphone,ipod,ipad from automatically syncing but not sure if that will work..I live whaer I don't get the super fast internet its snail speed so to do more than one is a pain. I just want to be able to update one item sync only apps on that device..not do all 3 I am afraid to plug into my computer..is it even necessary to do so if I am backing to icloud..any help would be great I am going nuts and its a short trip. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:33 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2012 3:46 AM in response to carolt495

Edit > Preferences > Always check for Available downloads.

Edit > Preferences > Automatic downloads. Then uncheck Music, Apps, Books if you do not want them downloading automatically.

None of this really has anything to do with syncing but rather what gets downloaded automatically in iTunes.

If you do not want new apps syncing to the device on a sync session, with the device connected, go to the Apps tab and uncheck the option for "Automatically sync new apps". This must be done for each device.

carolt495 wrote:

I live whaer I don't get the super fast internet its snail speed so to do more than one is a pain.

This has nothing to do with syncing. I believe you are confusing multiple processes.

please help with this question iphone/ipod/ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.