Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 issues / bugs

- Where is the Album Artwork on the left in Songs View or when in Playlist & List View? How can I quickly navigate through my library withouth Artwork displayed here??? Get it fixed!!!

- Where is the Album Artwork in the bottom left corner?

- Where is "group by artist" in the Albums and Genres Views? Without an artist sub-division, it's just a huge mess to look at!

- Why is the Column Browser not generally available?

- The Column Browser is available for old Playlists in List View where I had the Column Browser activated before the update. However, the Column Browser cannot be switched on and off anymore after the update. For new Playlists created after the update and for old Playlists with the Column Browser deactivated before the update, the Column Browser cannot be switched on at all anymore after the update. This is clearly a bug!

- Why can't the hideous genre icons not be changed?

Overall, this is update is a huge disappointment. But given the recent Maps debacle, not a surprise...

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:04 PM

7 replies

Nov 29, 2012 10:26 PM in response to Give_me_a_break

"

The Column Browser is available for old Playlists in List View where I had the Column Browser activated before the update. However, the Column Browser cannot be switched on and off anymore after the update. For new Playlists created after the update and for old Playlists with the Column Browser deactivated before the update, the Column Browser cannot be switched on at all anymore after the update. This is clearly a bug!"

Don't use the sidebar to access your Playlist use the Playlist option from the top of the new UI then you can toggle column browser for all playlists. Clearly a bug but an easy workaround.

Nov 30, 2012 9:41 AM in response to Give_me_a_break

Overall I Like the update, it has some great features. Typically though, something that people aren't used is gonna get slagged initially until people find there way round it. Agree on the playlist issue, seems a bit convoluted to have to hide the sidebar and access playlists from the UI just to be able to toggle the column browser on and off.

I also cannot understand why they have removed the grey background option in grid view.

Eyestrain here we come from the glaring white background!!!

Dec 2, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Bladesmobilebarber

I would agree with you with many software updates but the iTunes 11 update took away viewing and organizing options instead of simply adding new features - this was a bad design choice! Not being able to view your entire music collection - by artist, album, and date added - from the sidebar makes organizing and searching very difficult at the very least. I know you can make a playlist out of your entire library, but that is an ubsurd work around.

And taking away the artwork from the sidebar was also a giant mistake. Did Scott Forstall design iTunes 11?!

iTunes 11 issues / bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.