Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import CD in itune 11 does not work

import CD in itune 11, music is stored in the directory but it does show up in "music" panel.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:39 PM

12 replies

Nov 29, 2012 11:00 PM in response to byejason

I don't own any physical CD's anymore, I had to go borrow one from my daughter. Her CD imported just fine, showed up just fine as expected in the all music library list,...

I'm guessing we're dealing with a view issue here, if it's showing on your hard drive, it's got to be in iTunes there somewhere. Unless your installations are severely messed up somehow.

Nov 29, 2012 11:20 PM in response to powdrsnow

I've never used iTunes that way. I always import them using the menus.

"File>Add File To Library" or "File>Add Folder To Library", is the proper way to import files already on your hard drive.

Clicking on the inserted CD and clicking the "import cd" icon at the top right of the window, is the proper way to import a cd into your library.

I just did the way you suggest, dragged a bunch of files to the iTunes window, it imported them just fine. I think you may want to check your library prefs, make sure you have "copy to library" and "keep library organized" checked.

Nov 29, 2012 11:22 PM in response to byejason

False alarm ....

I imported this CD just after launching iTunes 11 for the first time. The tracks definitely were not there to start with, even after restarting iTunes, but after a few minutes they appeared. I guess the upgrade was still munching away on my library doing something or another and it took it a while to show the new tracks.

Its all working fine again now. Newly imported CDs appear straight away.

Nov 30, 2012 2:31 AM in response to seawayjan

latest update:

I do have iTunes match. The current status is that if I view from "Album" tab, there are multiple instances of the newly imported CD (another issue for discussion?) , however, from "Artist" tab, the newly imported CD does not show up.

When I try to exit from iTune, it says "One or more application are using iTunes scripting ...."

All I am guessing is that iTunes is trying to reconcile between iCloud and local collections. I will report back later see if it fixes itself.

Dec 7, 2012 4:21 PM in response to seawayjan

I have imported a CD after launching iTunes 11 for the first time and am experiencing exactly the same problem. The album is in the media folder, but not in the library. Strangely on the Artists tab I can see the newly imported album's cover. I too believe that it has got to do something with the iCloud priority over the local files or an interference caused by iTunes Match process and am hoping to see the album properly after the match is done. Though many minutes have passed now and there is no progress 😟

Feb 6, 2013 10:34 AM in response to Corelogik

I am having this same problem too. I will import a CD and it will not show up in my iTunes. It's in my itunes library in my finder, but even when I click on the song to play from the finder, it won't play it in iTunes. It is in m4a format, same as all my other songs. I can see it in "recently added" playlist, but it is not listed in "songs," "albums," or "artists." I even clicked "add to library" and clicked on the tracks and CD folder and each time nothing popped up. And I download iTunes 11 a month ago so it's not an issue of recently downloading it.

import CD in itune 11 does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.