Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to change the project properties of a project made in Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6 once it has been completed? Can I copy the completed project and set it up as a new project in my FCPX 10.0.6 project library to export to youtube?

I only ask this as I have been struggling to understand why my 1 minute 1080p recorded video looked terrible when uploaded to youtube. I was wonderfully assisted by Russ (thank you) and that led to me figuring out that I had not been as meticulous as I should have been when creating my project and setting its properties. Hence the significant degradation of my 1 minute video on upload to youtube. I mistakenly created a video with 960 x540 and 25p. Not good enough for the quality I was after for my 1080p recorded clips. My youtube video looked terrible. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if I can reuse the finalized project and all its transitions, titles, etc. but in a new modified project? Fingers crossed this is possible. I was so proud of my first attempt using FCPX too. Hubris before a fall I gather. LOL ;-) Thanks in advance.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:37 PM

You can change the project properties during the project. You only can not change the frame rate. You would have to copy and paste the contents to a new project to change the frame rate.

6 replies

Dec 14, 2012 3:46 PM in response to serenity99

Hello Serenity99. 🙂 In my rather limited experience with this, I have had much success with just copying and pasting the project from within FCP X. All of the properties (retiming, themes, effects, music, sound effects etc.) copy over exactly between the two, which is great. The only thing is that while the transitions and retiming copy over in the one go, you may have to go back and copy and paste any titles seperately as they are placed above the clips (well in my case they have been) but they will copy over nicely and as previously configured. I have not found this to be a big hassle at all. I was releaved to find that the process was as easy as it was. Mind you, I have not has as hiccup free a time with copy and pasting from other applications like iMovie to FCP X. Although I can select and copy the projects, all the other editing and rejiging has been jumbled and required much reworking. But if you stick to within FCP X it is easy as pie and works wonderfully.🙂

Is there a way to change the project properties of a project made in Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6 once it has been completed? Can I copy the completed project and set it up as a new project in my FCPX 10.0.6 project library to export to youtube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.