Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manually manage music and videos in iTunes 11?

I've now got iTunes 11, but I have no idea how to manually manage music with my iPhone 5. I used to be able to drag and drop my selected music onto the iphone under devices on the sidebar. Anyone out there know how to do this now?

15 in MPB i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 500 GB HD 4 GB RAM AG

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:23 AM

So, i havent found a proper way of doing this either, however if you are desperate, here is a painfully convoluted way of accomplishing what you desire:

First, load up the tracks you wanna drag over, if its just an album then load that up and hit play.

Then, Go the your ipod on the top right,

Finally, click the "up next" button (next to your currently playing song **you should play the song right before the ones you want to transfer) and drag the songs you want from there.. (this can be done from a playlist, etc...)

Not sure what the F apple was thinking making manual music managment impossible or at least not obvious.

This whole update p*sses me off to no end, probably gonna downgrade until they fix these issues.

Anyone REALLY like the fact they moved everything around? H3LL NO. i like the new features, just dont make it harder to do everything! LESS IS NOT MORE. Soon we will just be pressing one button to play, pause, skip, sync, jackoff, etc... depending on our moods?

I would like a proper answer to your question. From Apple. Maybe a reason for all this nonsense while their at it.

EDIT:

This issue seems to only arise when you are pulling your tracks from a playlist.

This is indeed an issue and needs to be fixed. Especially if you are like me and do all your playlist editing on itunes and then want to simply drag a playlist over to your ipod/phone

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2012 4:23 AM in response to Victor Pong

So, i havent found a proper way of doing this either, however if you are desperate, here is a painfully convoluted way of accomplishing what you desire:

First, load up the tracks you wanna drag over, if its just an album then load that up and hit play.

Then, Go the your ipod on the top right,

Finally, click the "up next" button (next to your currently playing song **you should play the song right before the ones you want to transfer) and drag the songs you want from there.. (this can be done from a playlist, etc...)

Not sure what the F apple was thinking making manual music managment impossible or at least not obvious.

This whole update p*sses me off to no end, probably gonna downgrade until they fix these issues.

Anyone REALLY like the fact they moved everything around? H3LL NO. i like the new features, just dont make it harder to do everything! LESS IS NOT MORE. Soon we will just be pressing one button to play, pause, skip, sync, jackoff, etc... depending on our moods?

I would like a proper answer to your question. From Apple. Maybe a reason for all this nonsense while their at it.

EDIT:

This issue seems to only arise when you are pulling your tracks from a playlist.

This is indeed an issue and needs to be fixed. Especially if you are like me and do all your playlist editing on itunes and then want to simply drag a playlist over to your ipod/phone

Dec 25, 2012 7:10 PM in response to Victor Pong

The EASIEST way to "Manually Manage Music And Video" on iTunes 11 is to click and drag the video or audio to the right. As soon as you drag audio or video to the right, a tray of all deivces and playlist will pull out. Just like the old version of iTunes had a column on left, now its on the right.

Anyway as soon as you drag your content to the right, you will see your iPhone, iPod etc., just drop it on the device...

That's it !!!

Enjoy!

Z

How to manually manage music and videos in iTunes 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.