Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my non iBooks books not syncing between my devices?

I have some books that I bought (not from iBooks) and have them stored in iBooks on my iPad 2. I no longer have an iPod touch, but when I did with ios 5, everything synced, including my PDFs, between my iPad and itouch. I now have an iPhone with ios6 and only books purchased from iBooks are syncing between my devices.

Note: my iPad also has the latest ios 6. All syncing options are enabled in iBooks on both devices.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, 32G

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:06 AM

On all your devices, go into settings > iCloud and make sure the same "Account" is being used (same appleID).

Than go into Settings > iCloud and make sure documents and data is turned on all of your devices.

If the above is accurate, simply (apple) toggling off/on documents and data on each device can possibly fix the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2012 2:06 AM in response to Sieieb

On all your devices, go into settings > iCloud and make sure the same "Account" is being used (same appleID).

Than go into Settings > iCloud and make sure documents and data is turned on all of your devices.

If the above is accurate, simply (apple) toggling off/on documents and data on each device can possibly fix the issue.

Why are my non iBooks books not syncing between my devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.