Previous 1 2 3 Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2014 6:15 AM by Chris CA Branched to a new discussion.
ckocko Level 1 Level 1

After installation of iTunes 11, there is no direct (cable-bound) possibility to sync an iPhone to Outlook (Windows) anymore. Expecially for business PCs that are behind a company firewall, this is not good. These PCs can't sync to iCloud. How can this have happened?

iPhone 5, Windows XP Pro, iTunes 11
Solved by rusher2004 on Nov 29, 2012 11:28 PM Solved

What are you seeing? Here's what I see in my iTunes: Untitled.jpg

If you have iCloud syncing your contacts it looke like this:

Untitled.png

If you need to sync to Outlook you could use iCloud Control Panel or you can disable iCloud contacts on your iPhone in Settings > iCloud.

Hope this helps.

• rusher2004 Level 1 Level 1

What are you seeing? Here's what I see in my iTunes: Untitled.jpg

If you have iCloud syncing your contacts it looke like this:

Untitled.png

If you need to sync to Outlook you could use iCloud Control Panel or you can disable iCloud contacts on your iPhone in Settings > iCloud.

Hope this helps.

• leobenelli Level 1 Level 1

Before upgrading at 11, in my case the personal calendars was synced with ICloud because i would like to manage my appointements in all devices (and also my Business PC), and also i transferred the Enterprise Exchange Calendar in my iphone by Itunes with usb connection.

So i can't disabled ICloud sync, because i lose functionalities, but i can't import in my Iphone the Work Calendar coming from Exchange Server.

So for me the problem is real, and i think that unfortunately no workaround, seems to be available.

I hope that Apple consider that aspect, and fix it.

Thanks

Leonardo

P.S. if it could be useful, another thread is open on the same topic: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4555598?tstart=0

• tonnychiu Level 1 Level 1

Same problem here!

I hope that Apple will consider to keep both iCloud and iTune sync with the calendar.

Thanks,

Tonny

• JohanFrid Level 1 Level 1

I have the same problem as well.

• mjkarin Level 1 Level 1

Same problem. Fortunately, I still had a copy of the iTunes 10.7 setup so I reverted back to that.

• netweenie Level 1 Level 1

+1 same probelm

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

leobenelli wrote:

Before upgrading at 11, in my case the personal calendars was synced with ICloud because i would like to manage my appointements in all devices (and also my Business PC), and also i transferred the Enterprise Exchange Calendar in my iphone by Itunes with usb connection.

Sync your piPhone directly with the Exchange server, just as you sync your computer directly with the exchange server. Don't sync with your computer.

Then when you change something on your computer or your iPhone, it will automatically sync with the other device (and vice-versa) This is the advantage of syncing via a cloud.

but i can't import in my Iphone the Work Calendar coming from Exchange Server.Thanks

You don't import it. You add your exchange server account to the iPhone and turn off syncing contacts via iTunes.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Microsoft Exchange.

expertise.itunes
    iTunes

tonnychiu wrote:

Same problem here!

I hope that Apple will consider to keep both iCloud and iTune sync with the calendar.

Your iCloud should be your "main" calendar.

You sync iPhone to iCloud and you sync computer to iCloud. Then don't sync computer to iPhone as they are already both in sync wih iCloud.

• tadanderson Level 1 Level 1

iCloud should not "have" to be our "main" calendar.  A programmer thinking they know what the user wants wrote this enhancement.  Dumb.

• Appletini6 Level 3 Level 3

It "should" be your "main" calendar if you "want" it "syncing" with "other" "devices"

• UTNick Level 1 Level 1

This is absolutely ridiculous! I don't want to sync via iCloud. It's my data and I want it secure on my computer. The fact that Apple has decided that I can no longer cable sync with Outlook is unacceptible. I do not consider this a feature. I consider it a flaw. And it better get fixed soon!

• cheonweb Level 4 Level 4

Turf off iCloud from iPhone and sync with Outlook through iTunes. What's the problem?

• rusher2004 Level 1 Level 1

...in case you forgot to read the thread above you.

expertise.itunes
    iTunes

tadanderson wrote:

iCloud should not "have" to be our "main" calendar. 

If you want them all in sync, then they have to be in sync with the same thing, unless you would rather update all your different calendars manually.

Appletini6 wrote;

It "should" be your "main" calendar if you "want" it "syncing" with "other" "devices"

"Correct".

However, "personally", I don't look at iCloud. If I change "something" on my iPhone, it automatically goes to my computer and my iPad. I don't want to "have" to update 3 different "places" manually. And I don't want to have to sync with iTunes.

Previous 1 2 3 Next