Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see TV shows I'm importing to iTunes 11? They show as importing but then cannot be found in the Movies folder like before, or in any other category on the new iTunes.

I'm talking about TV shows I've downloaded but not from the iTunes store. They're in the correct format. I drag them from my Finder to the Movies folder like before, and the process window shows them going in.

But I can't find them. They're not showing up in the Movies folder, or anywhere else.

I have also tried importing them to the library from the iTunes menu bar.

What gives?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:28 AM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2012 12:35 AM in response to Dexter D. Cat

OK a few minutes later and a minor update: TV shows still not showing in iTunes anywhere under any category, however, in flicking through the Movies category on my AppleTV, I see the shows there!

So they're in the Library, and in the Movies folder as before – but I can't see them on any list or category on iTunes on my computer.

What the fack!?

Nov 30, 2012 3:30 PM in response to Dexter D. Cat

Yes but when you go to the get info tab and update it to a tv show it still won't show in the tv show section of the library, I have tried to find an answer to this all night and so far I can only get any imported tv series to show as a single episode in home movies. Confused.com - hopefully apple will realise that this is a bug of some sort and let us all know soon!

Dec 1, 2012 2:50 PM in response to Matt-vms

Matt, some success has happened in another thread.

TV shows downloaded from T*rrents go into the new Home Movie folder. If you look there you should find them, and also certain movies you may have obtained this way too (although now Movies I click and drag in to the Movies folder go there).

The only issue now is how long it takes something like a TV show that I've downloaded (from T*rrents) to show up in the Home Movies folder. It sometimes takes 10 or 15 minutes. ***?! But they do eventually show up there.

Everything else seemed to clear up and work smoothly once I also updated the software on my AppleTV 3, and then I closed and opened iTunes again.

And seeing the old side bar back again made things easier (View > Show Sidebar).

Why can't I see TV shows I'm importing to iTunes 11? They show as importing but then cannot be found in the Movies folder like before, or in any other category on the new iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.