Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How uncheck a song in iTunes11

i want to uncked few tracks from the album,pervious itunes it was easy but in itunes 11 i am unable to view even checked and unchecked songs when i select the album.Is there any solution other than deleting the song?

iPhone 5, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iTunes 11

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:02 AM

i want to uncheck few tracks from the album,pervious itunes it was easy but in itunes 11 i am unable to view even checked and unchecked songs when i select the album.Is there any solution other than deleting the song?

10 replies

Dec 2, 2012 8:17 PM in response to CharlesDayton

I tried this, but it did not happen. Weirdly, I see view similar to iTunes 10 on my itunes account, but my son does not on his. This column view thing didn't help. There are no checkboxes near his songs and I don't think one should have to click on a song to see if it is checked or unchecked.

Other unrelated thing. We have diff computer accounts, but now iTunes has put lots of his albums in my library, Can I delete w/out deleting them from his. Again, checkboxes would help!

THx

Dec 6, 2012 6:11 PM in response to ZooZooB

I want to uncheck/check my songs too. I have 2000+ songs and only had around 1000 something checked. Now that the feature is gone, it synced all my music on. I tried right clicking to see if the option Check/Uncheck Selection was there but it isn't anymore. Even when I went to View Options (under view), and tried to select the "Checked" option, it didn't allow me to select it. Also, when I went to the screen where it shows all my data with my device and I scrolled down to options, "Sync only checked songs and videos" is completely greyed out. I really hope they fix this. All my music just synced on and I have no idea how to revert it back to how it used to be.

Dec 23, 2012 5:17 PM in response to sriramfromhyderabad

The original poster was right, this was very easy before itunes 11. There are many occasions when a normal person might not want to play all songs on an album, and it does seem like a really basic function for a music player. And sriramfromhyderabad correctly noted the easiest workaround is to right-click (if you have right-click enabled at all).

Perhaps it would detract from the minimalist presentation that Apple apparenty seeks, but it would be extremely convenient and functional if you could uncheck songs in the new Album View. This is a case where I myself would prefer function over style.

The rumor is that Apple doesn't monitor these forums (which I doubt), yet there may be a chance that if enough users ask for it through their (stated) feedback channel, we could get a fix to something that was not broken.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Apr 29, 2013 2:16 PM in response to sriramfromhyderabad

I do believe I have some what a solution to thus question, Hilight all song you wish to uncheck or check. Then at the top of the page where it says songs, albums and so on. click the check box in the bar. put your mouse over the check box at the top of the list and click like a mad man. It is the simplest and fastest way I have found to do this. Cheers...Dtdh

Jul 10, 2014 6:28 PM in response to Gregg Eckhardt

Hi,

I'm new to this . After messing around I came up with putting iTunes in Songs mode, clicked on Ctrrl + A then right clicked which gave me option to "Uncheck" all songs. Once unchecked, I checked the song I wanted, hit SYNC; it worked and the song is now in my 4s. Then I hit Ctrl + A again, right-clicked, and option to "Check" appeared in list. I clicked on that and all my songs now are checked again; my Universe is back in sync for now. By the way the song I was syncing was bought from Amazon and is, "The Galaxy Song" (Monty Python); apt and an anthem. Hope I explained this clearly and it is of benefit to someone. Peace

How uncheck a song in iTunes11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.