Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving messages in Mail from pop account to iCloud account has started to have issues, Moving messages in Mail from pop account to iCloud account giving IMAP error

I've been storing email messages in a folder I created on iCloud for a client I work for. I have numerous sub-folders to divide the messages and aid my workflow.

In the past week or two I've found that I'm often getting an error message when I drag messages from my inobx to the iCloud folder I get refused. The error says it's the header but I think that's crap — I've been using this worklfow for a many months. Guess I was silly to trust my work to iCloud, nobody else seems to.

The message “FW: unsubscribe NAME REMOVED” could not be moved to the mailbox “SOMETHING — iCloud”

The IMAP command “APPEND” (to Publicland) failed with server error: Message contains invalid header.

Just me or others seeing this in last week or so?

I don't no why Mail is sending IMAP commands to a POP account any how?!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Wacom tablet

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:52 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2012 7:47 PM in response to Csound1

The only pattern I could establish was that emails after a certain date in one POP account only were all problematic (failed to move). When I rang the ISP who hosts that POP account they asked me to forward the full headers to see if there was any junk in the headers. They said sometimes that happens but they couldnb't find anything wrong with the headers. They said without a more specific error log they couldn't do anything.

It turns out they are finally offering IMAP on the server my account is hosted on and we switched from POP to IMAP which sorta helps, at least I have remote storage if I can recreate the folder structure on the IMPA account and have Mac Mail mirror it… I'm not too hopefully of that actually. Co-incidentally they added IMAP around the same time that I started getting this iCloud problem with emails on their account but they denie any assoication other than co-incidence and I couldn't estanblish exact chronological symetry anyhow.

My work around has been to host the folder “On My Mac” since I no longer need to share the folders b/w two Macs. I'll try to re-create in IMAP account like I said. If anyone has a way to get a more detailed error message from Mac Mail I'd be interested!

Moving messages in Mail from pop account to iCloud account has started to have issues, Moving messages in Mail from pop account to iCloud account giving IMAP error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.