Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text in tables in Pages

I am using the table function in Pages to create an alphabeticized glossary. All good. Except, in one series ("D" words), every time I try to add a new row and write in the new word, it defaults to the same 2 letters "dé". I cannot add the new word. This one has stumped me. Obviously, I have pressed something in the past and the formatting has gone awry?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:39 PM

Hi Fred,

You can sort a table at any time, so it's not necessary to add a row at the 'right' location. What happens if you add the row at the top of the table, enter the word and definition, then select the column containing the word and Sort Ascending?

Sort controls are found in the Table Inspector:

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2012 9:39 PM in response to fredtrans

Hi Fred,

You can sort a table at any time, so it's not necessary to add a row at the 'right' location. What happens if you add the row at the top of the table, enter the word and definition, then select the column containing the word and Sort Ascending?

Sort controls are found in the Table Inspector:

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

text in tables in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.