Skip navigation

HT2953: iTunes for Windows: May be unable to import or play music from an audio CD

Learn about iTunes for Windows: May be unable to import or play music from an audio CD

HT2953 how to join audiobook tracks in iTunes 11

9167 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 12:35 PM by turingtest2 RSS
Sandylp Level 3 Level 3 (665 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 30, 2012 7:46 AM

Since there's no Advanced tab in iTunes 11, I can't figure out how to join audiobook tracks into one.  I am trying to add an audiobook to iTunes so I can transfer it to my iPod. For instance, each Disc has 10 different tracks.  I used to be able to click on the Advanced tab and then click Join and the tracks would be combined into one.  I don't see any option for doing that now.  Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)
  • CharlieG101 Calculating status...
    Jan 16, 2013 3:09 PM (in response to Sandylp)

Here it is, easy step by Step instructions (for a windows pc-there may be variations with a MAC).  Place CD into your drive, it should pop up in a itunes window. DO NOT CLICK ADD just say no (might as well check the box that says do not show this again).    Before going further you should name the tracks and the CD as disc number X out of Y number of discs in the audiobook.  Easy to do- hit CD info (top right and name the tracks and insert cd 1 out of however many discs you have in the book) that will make you life easier.  Once they have all been named  highligh any chapter. Than hit "Control A" this will highlight all the tracks on the CD. on the top right under options hit the bottom one which is join tracks. a thin line will run down next to the name of the track. than hit import CD. hit OK and you are good to go. Good luck.

Charlieb Jan. 2013

• JennyG716 Calculating status...
    Jan 23, 2014 3:19 PM (in response to Sandylp)

Where is "options" on iTunes 11?

• JennyG716 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jan 24, 2014 12:08 PM (in response to JennyG716)

Found it and thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking...

Right click highlighted tracks and select Get Info.

• Info tab: Complete Artist and Album fields. I found that by selecting Album it is one file but selecting Artist it is divided by discs.
    • Options tab: Change media kind and the following fields to yes.

Thanks CharlieG101, that is a great recommendation for furture books!

• turingtest2 Level 8 Level 8 (43,860 points)
    Jan 24, 2014 12:35 PM (in response to JennyG716)

See also Audiobooks on iPods.

tt2

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.