Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to get data and apps back after a restore?

I foolishly downloaded itunes 11 and then reinstalled 10.7. When I did, itunes said it had to restore my ipad. I was hesitant, but it didn't really give me a choice.

All the data is wiped out. I can get back the books and music that I moved from my computer, but I purchased pages, and now it's gone too.

Do I have to purchase it again, or is there a way to get it from the backup file?

iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:39 AM

You can download purchased apps again for free in the App Store purchased tab as long as you use the same Apple ID that you bought them with.

Did you backup your iPad before you installed iTunes 11? If you have a backup that predates all of this mess that you just had you can restoring from the backup in order to restore your app data and files. The backup doesn't contain the apps themselves but it does contain the data.

Read this....

How to backup and restore from a backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

You might want to read this as well about iTunes backups.

And don't forget that you can download all of your apps again for free.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2012 8:39 AM in response to Larry@lc

You can download purchased apps again for free in the App Store purchased tab as long as you use the same Apple ID that you bought them with.

Did you backup your iPad before you installed iTunes 11? If you have a backup that predates all of this mess that you just had you can restoring from the backup in order to restore your app data and files. The backup doesn't contain the apps themselves but it does contain the data.

Read this....

How to backup and restore from a backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

You might want to read this as well about iTunes backups.

And don't forget that you can download all of your apps again for free.

Is there a way to get data and apps back after a restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.