Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Title on spine of hardcover book cut off

Hi!

I've been ordering books via iPhoto for many years and was shocked at the latest batch I received this week.

I had chosen to do a hardcover book with wrap around cover. The title on the spine was cut off, featuring only part of it which was odd and looks strange. It should match what is on the front cover.

As usual, I did a preview before ordering it. The spine was not visible in the preview and I had no way of actually making any changes to it since

I can't see it in iPhoto.

These books are Christmas gifts for my family and I'm horrified that it was printed incorrectly.

I'm hard of hearing and can't use the phone - I have not been able to contact Apple since they only list phone numbers - does anyone know how to connect with them directly via email? Help!

Here's an attachment that shows the problem.

User uploaded file

> Mac OS X (ver. 10.6.8) iPhoto 11 - ver. 9.1.3 (607)

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.9), dial up

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:19 AM

7 replies

Nov 30, 2012 8:52 AM in response to charmeddigitalchick

The group you want to get in contact with is called Print Products, they are part of the Apple Online Store. You are correct, they do not have an email contact, only support via phone. I did see on the Apple "contact us" page a support number for hearing and visually impared, says they have advisors trained in accesibilty services, they may be able to help. the number is 877-204-3930. Can be found on link below

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Jul 22, 2013 4:53 AM in response to charmeddigitalchick

Probably too late now but only the cover main text gets printed on the spline the subtext does not. As long as the main text is used it can be multiple lines and the text can be resized on each line. The strangest thing is that what appears on the dustcover is not then duplicated on the actual book spline you only get up to return is pressed for the second line. I am still trying to get an answer to this myself as I think it is fair to think the two splines will be the same.

Title on spine of hardcover book cut off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.