Thumbs up to all 3 of these!
1. Album cover gone from the bottom left corner. This is the worst decision ever.
2. One shuffle button. Shuffle one playlist, shuffle all. Including the main library. WTH.
3. After I scroll through a playlist and move on to another one, when I come back to the first one, the position is reset to the original (top).
A couple of issues I noticed in iTunes 11:
- Podcasts are still not syncing. If an item is marked played on any device, would like to see that reflected in iTunes (and visa versa).
- Can't sort "time" in the list view. Sometimes I only have a couple of minutes for a quick break and want to pick any short podcast out of the list.
- I liked the grid view + unplayed in iTunes 10. No way to see a big grid (made it very easy to scroll through a lot of podcasts) and when a podcast subscription didn't have any new ones, that item would go away (quick visual indicator). Now I have to do a LOT of scrolling in the left column and is hard to quickly navigate to specific podcast. I tried to mimic with a smart list for podcasts and came close using grid view, but then when I click to show recent podcasts for a specifc feed, it doesn't show dates, the full title, or allow for any sorting (ie. by time for example). So that workaround isn't quite right either.
Any updates to these items would be greatly appreciated (the sync'ing being the top priority as managing podcasts across two ipads, two iphones and itunes is tedious.)
In response to my own comments, disregard those listed below.
I didn't have the sidebar on.
1. You can't just drag a song and drop into your ipod/iphone. Or at least I haven't figured it out yet.
1-1. Looks like you have to sync the whole playlist in stead of just adding the one song to the playlist on the ipod/iphone.
Which means having to remove all the songs from my old ipod and replacing evrerything from my Library.
I don't want my whole Library on my old 30GB ipod. Just wanna be able to put what I want on there.
Follow up from my previous messages regarding ENTIRE music library wiped off my iPhone. Checked my MacBook Pro and library was intact. Tried re-syncing and everything looked fine. iPhone went from 28gigs available to 7 gigs available (music library was restored). Tried opening iTunes on my phone and NOTHING. No music except 1 song. Looked back at the computer screen and magically (you guessed it) the 21 gigs DISAPPEARED. Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Re-synced again with EXACT SAME RESULT. Re-synced a THIRD TIME, then rebooted both iPhone and MacBook Pro - SAME ***$ amn RESULT.
Tried another tack: Unchecked the box for "Sync Entire Music Library" then checked ALL of the boxes for ALL of my music. Easy keyboard shortcut (I was wrong before) is hold down the "Command and Shift" keys, then check ANY box under songs. This will check ALL songs (or Artists, or Ablums, or Playlists, etc). Tried re-syncing. SAME as before. My entire library shows up as synced in iTunes on my MacBook. Then as soon as I try to open iTunes on my phone EVERYTHING disappears.
Next tactic: CHECKED EVERY BOX under every option (Songs, Artists, Albums, Playlists) in iTunes library and re-synced. Same result. The magic Apple disappearing music library (even more unimpressive than MS's blue screen of death).
Now for the FINALE: Rebooted both devices, then UNCHECKED EVERY box, and RECHECKED "Sync Entire Library". This time the phone synced for like 5 minutes. All my music shows up on my phone. Guess what? NO PLAYLISTS. No matter what I tried I cannot get ANY of my playlists to sync and there are over 40 of them going back over 8 years.
I take back what I said about Apple going down the path of "Micro Soft". In fact I'm sorry I drug the good people at Micro Soft into this. This farce of a "new version" is beneath even them. This is not an update or a "new version" of iTunes. It's a virus. I don't trust ANYTHING about iTunes 11 and do NOT dare sync my iPhone to my P/C (for work data) nor do I dare sync my 32gig iTouch to my MacBook pro. Please apple, get your heads in the game and quickly.
I'm telling everyone I know to STAY FAR away from this upgrade.
Far FAR away.....TO BOLIVIA.
Has anyone else been having problems with itunes not fitting to your PC screen properly? It is leaving out part of the status bar, which I think is where is should show how many songs, how much room they are taking up, and how long it takes to play them all. Is there any other way to see this information about the songs in the library?
APPLE BLOATWARE UPDATES DEEMED UNSAFE
I just spent the last two weeks recovering from hideous Mountain Lion / Time Machine update issues, involving reformatting my drive, and restoring information from SuperDuper clone (THANK GOD for SuperDuper, the thing Time Machine shall never be). Today, sadly, when I was alerted by iTunes that iTunes 11 was available, I literally thought FIRST to check the interwebz to see if it was safe to do so. iTunes, among all Apple products, has consumed the most of my life.
Well, of course, of course, it turns out -- this is perhaps the most dangerous iTunes build of all. I agree with Slate magazine: someone needs to take iTunes out back and shoot it in the head.
Further, I pledge that I did not, nor shall I ever, update to iTunes 11. YOU TOO CAN PLEDGE TO AVOID IT, here in this thread. I will spread my decision as far and wide as I can, to help others avoid wasted hours and days. Please help me spread the message that Apple customers will not tolerate Apple's slow transmogrification into MicroSoft.
Mac OSX and iTunes are the new Windows Vista.
Jobs would be on a firing rampage right now, and quite rightly so.
Thank you all so very much, those who reported your issues here. You saved me untold suffering.
Apple: Listen Up: You are not too big to fail.
My initial reaction to iTunes 11 was "I don't feel like this UI is a step forwards but I should play with it more before I complain". Having now used it for several days, and having struggled repeatedly to do things I found easy under iTunes 11 (even simple things like dragging and dropping album art) I can honestly say I hate iTunes 11 and if I still have 10 on a backup somewhere I am going back to 10. Moreover I keep running into bugs. For example, pressing Command-L which always took me, very reliably to the playing song and highlit it under iTunes 10, is randomly successful under 11. I am really disappointed in iTunes 11. This feels rushed and poorly tested. I see a worrying trend in quality control at Apple and from reading these forums I know I am not alone.