Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When Apple does a backup of my iPhone 5 on my computer, where can I find the files?

I have just done a computer backup of my iPhone 5. The backup did not indicate where on my computer the backup files are stored. Where can I find the location of the backup files for iPhone 5 on my computer?

iPod (5th generation), iOS 6

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:00 AM

http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/11/iphone-backup-location/ - your iPhone files are backed up at the following location:

in Mac OS X:

~(your home directory)/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

in Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

in Windows Vista, Windows 7:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2012 11:00 AM in response to lkm120

http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/11/iphone-backup-location/ - your iPhone files are backed up at the following location:

in Mac OS X:

~(your home directory)/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

in Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

in Windows Vista, Windows 7:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Nov 30, 2012 10:59 AM in response to lkm120

Where iTunes backups are stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data are stored varies depending on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your periodic data-backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and clickOK.
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press the Return key.

When Apple does a backup of my iPhone 5 on my computer, where can I find the files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.