Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store (Two or Three Finger) Swipe to Previous / Next Page

Greetings,

I believe in iTunes 10.7 within the iTunes Store we had the capability of using our "Swipe to Next / Previous Page" option of using two or three fingers to do so.

However, in iTunes 11 this no longer seems to work.

User uploaded file

Any thoughts to this working by design, is it a bug with iTunes 11 or the new reality of moving to iTunes 11?

If the later is the case I fully intend to issue an enhancement request to apple, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something first.

Thanks!

- Curtis <><

iTunes-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:03 AM

9 replies

Nov 30, 2012 11:30 AM in response to CaffeineIV

Okay. So this appears to be fixed, but here's the oddity...

I had in my Preferences > Track Pad > More Gestures Tab > Swipe Between Pages = Swipe w/ 3 Fingers

I changed this setting to = Swipe with Two or Three Fingers (I've not seen this option before...new in 10.8.2 ?)

This has got it working.

Dang... it is slower than other apps to respond to it though.

Thanks all!

Nov 30, 2012 3:03 PM in response to NoobianGod

Yeah, the two finger swipe works [slowly] but that's not how I navigate Safari and the old iTunes. I use the 3 finger swipes to get around. It worked with the last version of iTunes...

Back to the original question, the 3 finger swipe doesn't seem to work...which I hope is just a bug. It'd be inconsistant to allow it to work some places (Safari) and not others (iTunes 11).

Jan 31, 2013 6:11 AM in response to Lost and Found__

Yes, I'm very cheesed off with this "enhancement" introduced by iTunes 11 too. Navigating through iTunes is a PAIN. None of the suggested solutions work for me either as, like Lost&Found, I'm still on Snow Leopard (the settings options simply do not exist and the Option+swipe actions I've read on other threads are ignored). Why does Apple like breaking things that work fine?

iTunes Store (Two or Three Finger) Swipe to Previous / Next Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.