Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i access photos saved on my iphone.i dont have a macbook, and i wont buy iphoto.

how can i access photos saved on my iphone.i dont have a macbook, and i wont buy iphoto.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:39 AM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2012 10:03 AM in response to diesel vdub

the thing is, i was on a trip and a guy had about 200 photos form a trek we had. the only device i had that capable of storing that data was this iphone. apparently you cant just go around copying you photos from your pc to your iphone. you need a mac and iphoto installed. luckly he had both. but now i cant access these photos. i see on itunes that i have 564 photos, on the drive itself i have 300 that i can see (ones taken with my iphone camera).

so, again, how can i get these photos?

Dec 6, 2012 12:09 PM in response to Max Zinger

No, you don't need a Mac and iPhoto. You need a computer and iTunes.

The phone is not a storage or backup device. You can not use it to move or copy photos from computer a to computer b. You cannot extract photos from the phone other than those in the camera roll. When photos are synced to the phone from a computer, they are not transferred at full resolution. They are optimized for the iPhone display. Have your buddy put the photos on a thumb drive or upload them to flickr or something for you.

It's either that or e-mail them to yourself a few at a time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.