Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find duplicates itunes 11.0

Maybe I'm stupid, maybe Apple deleted this option - but I can no longer locate the "find duplicates" in the latest verion of iTunes

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 15" 2.3 GHZ Core i7

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:18 PM

13 replies

Dec 1, 2012 3:28 AM in response to Timothy Holt

In the past, they have a blog and tell us about "How to Find the Duplicates In Your Music Library" in old version of iTunes, and we are so happy to use this because this is a part of the routine maintenence needs option.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itunes/2010/05/how-to-find-the-duplicates-in- your-music-library.html

And now? it just gone, hopfully, Apple iTunes team will notices this, and slove it issue as soon as they can ...

Dec 1, 2012 5:40 AM in response to ekhome

ekhome wrote:

And now? it just gone, hopfully, Apple iTunes team will notices this, and slove it issue as soon as they can ...

I don't think the developers get around to reading this forum, you will be better served by adding your thoughts to thier feedback.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Apologies for saying Dupin lite was free, I must have been thinking about the older Applescript version.

Dec 2, 2012 2:54 PM in response to Timothy Holt

Besides the simple desire to organize your iTunes, what do you do if you are working with iMatch. Occasionally I have gone over my 25,000 song limit. Of course, that means you can't add new songs (unless bought on iTunes). "Display Duplicate" is an important feature to help you get rid of the trash.

With other issues as well, it seems that it might be better to roll back to an earlier version.

Dec 3, 2012 2:04 AM in response to LetitiaM Kelly

I am in the process of rolling back. Eventually Apple may put back some of the useful features, like the eventually did with spotlight, but until then, I keep coming across annoying things one cannot do anymore.

For example, you can no longer open a separate window for a playlist – so one cannot drag song into it.

Also, until one figures out how to change it permanently, it always opens in cover flow, and one has to manually put the sidebars etc back.

Quite a flawed upgrade.

What is going on at Apple?

Dec 3, 2012 9:17 AM in response to Timothy Holt

Timothy Holt wrote:

For example, you can no longer open a separate window for a playlist – so one cannot drag song into it.

Quite a flawed upgrade.

What is going on at Apple?

You can still add tracks to playlists, even when the sidebar is hidden. You simply have to start dragging the tracks, a list of places & playlists appears for you to drop the tracks into. I think this is less 'discoverable' but the feature is still there.

You can also show the sidebar via the view menu if you prefer.

Add a feature request for a preference to set the initial view after launch, otherwise Apple will never know anyone cares about it. Apple may just ignore it though.

How do I find duplicates itunes 11.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.