Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon CMFP Error

Hi Everyone,

I've had quite the headache with my new Canon 8380Cdw. I had it up and running through my AirPort Express' ethernet port on my MacBook Pro (Early 2008, OSX 10.8.2), Mac Mini (PPC, OSX 10.5.8), and my work Dell Latitude (Win 7, 32-bit) for a couple of weeks. Then I started getting "CMFP Errors" on my MBP. I re-installed and would get a print or two out, then nothing. Restarting the machine would also cause problems. This has been very frustrating, as I really like the 8380 - It's fast, duplex print & scan, and has plenty of options.

I spent 2+ hours on the phone with Canon Canada (excellent service, btw) but we could not resolve it. I seem to have found a solution after a whole lot of mucking around...

1. Start by deleting any Canon drivers installed by deleting the Canon folder found in: Hard Drive --> Library --> Printers --> Canon
  2. Next, delete any files with "Canon" or "CNTD" in: Hard Drive --> Library --> Printers --> PPDs --> Contents --> Resources
  3. Restart the computer
  4. Empty the Trash
  5. Re-install the most current driver (I'm using Mac_UFRII_V241_us_EN.dmg)
  6. Go to: System Preferences --> Print & Scan
  7. Click the + to add your printer. Be sure to select your appropriate driver under the "Use" menu. I'm using "Canon MFC8300C Series (US)" for my Canon 8380Cdw
  8. You may also need to install the ScanGear for scanning purposes

After many printouts and restarts, I've only had one CMFP error. After receiving that error, I clicked "OK" and the queued files printed immediately.

I hope this might help some people struggling with the issue. I've asked Canon to also post this on their forums, to which they replied they will.

All the best...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:34 PM

1 reply

Canon CMFP Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.