Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast playlist not working after today's iTunes update.

Everything worked well with the old version except that it would cut endings off music and podcast files. With the new iTunes it just wants to play the same one over and over again. If I plug it (Shuffle 4) into my computer and delete the program I can hear the next one. With the old version it was very easy to select the newly added podcasts and drag them into my shuffle playlist and it would play the oldest one first. No deleting required.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:03 PM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2012 2:10 PM in response to hmbterry

iTunes should have had no effect on the playback of podcasts on your iPod Shuffle. The only way the playback behavior could change if is the firmware is corrupted, the settings have been changed, or the firmware has been updated by Apple and updated on the Shuffle via iTunes.

Are these podcasts from the same podcast series? Is the 3 way switch on the top set to Play in Order or Shuffle?

B-rock

Dec 1, 2012 7:58 AM in response to planb77

I'm glad to know that, I found voice over annoying so i always shut it off. Coincidences are a *****: restoring my shuffle fixed it. Why my shuffle needed restoring at the same time the update came down for iTunes is a mystery and I had a great system of going to recently acquired files to get the latest group of podcasts and dragging them into the podcast playlist on the shuffle. This is not so easy with the new update.

podcast playlist not working after today's iTunes update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.