Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i make the "iCloud Download" column stay OFF?

howdy y'all,

upgraded to v-11 and now i find a new column is being forced ON. it's the "icloud download" column. i understand that they turned it on to let me know it's there. that's annoying, but acceptable. what is driving me nuts is that i can right-click on any column heading and disable the dang icloud download column, restart itunes, and the darned thing is turned ON again!

what am i doing wrong?

take care,

lee

Windows 7, itunes 11.00.163

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:13 PM

In Preferences > Store, uncheck the "show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" option.

26 replies

Jun 1, 2015 10:07 AM in response to RobWilsson

Having the same problem as the OP, but this solution doesn't work for me because I actually want to see all of my purchased content. I don't want to have this stuff downloaded to save storage on my MBP, so I need it to be showing up in iTunes, I simply don't want to be forced to see this column against my wishes. I know my content is in iCloud. I just don't want a column showing me that every single individual song is.

Aug 22, 2015 3:25 AM in response to Kickbackpunk

Kickbackpunk wrote:

That's only an option if Apple Music is turned on, with it off there is no way to remove this column. Another oversight.

Hmm, it does now seem to be hard to keep that column permanently turned off. 😕

You can report problems via the relevant feedback form, i.e. iTunes Feedback, or sign up for a free Apple Developer account and make use of Apple Bug Reporter. They don't generally talk back, but they do claim to read everything.

tt2

Aug 25, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Lee_Dailey

howdy y'all,

sorry for the delay getting back here. lost track of time ... [*blush*]

the fix i used requires several steps ...

- go to your library group and select "music"

- in the menu, select "view/only-music-available-offline"

- REPEAT THE ABOVE STEP for _each_ media type [located at "view/more" - for me that was "movies" & "tv shows"]

- exit & restart itunes

at that point the "icloud download" column won't even be there to select anymore. [*grin*] plus, it seems to stay gone! wheee!

thanks to everyone who got involved in this and the other threads on the subject. i deeply appreciate it.

take care,

lee

Sep 4, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Knwtmsyn

I just downloaded the new iTunes 12.2.2.25 I tried doing this as instructed above:

- go to your library group and select "music"

- in the menu, select "view/only-music-available-offline"

- REPEAT THE ABOVE STEP for _each_ media type [located at "view/more" - for me that was "movies" & "tv shows"]

- exit & restart itunes

NO it does NOT remove the cloud. Please help! arrrrgggg

also how come my column orders don't stay the same after I've logged out and then back in to itunes? It seems to go to their default order?!?!

How do i make the "iCloud Download" column stay OFF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.