Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset restriction passcode on iPod touch

Please I need to Know how to reset restriction passcode on iPod touch so I can sell it

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2012 9:58 AM in response to Ethan68

If you are selling it to a store and you want it to be like brand new, (not counting what it looks like) then you could go to settings-general then go to reset to reset the ENTIRE device. However, if you are doing something like giving it to a family member, then just go to settings-general-restrictions then turn off restrictions. (Note:If they want to set up restrictions then they do not need to type in your restriction password because they can make their own after.) Hope this helped! :)

Dec 1, 2012 10:07 AM in response to Ethan68

If you forgot the Restrictions passdoce:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.

- If you are up to it see:

How to reset forgotten Restrictions...: Apple Support Communities

How to reset forgotten Restrictions...: Apple Support Communities

However, since you are selling I woud erase the iPod by go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings.

How to reset restriction passcode on iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.