Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11 deleted ALL my music!

After going into Itunes after updating, all my music is showing the ! next to the song saying itunes cannot find the original file. Everything was there and working yesterday. Went into the itunes library where it would normally be stored. NOTHING. My computer is saying I have 9kb of music on it. There should be over 160 gigs. I have a time capsule backup from October, but there is no way to get anything I added this month back.

Is anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 10:42 PM

This just happened to me. Over 30 GB of music is just gone! ***? Hey Apple...any response to this? What the **** is going on? I just spent an entire day importing CDs and now they are gone. I'm livid!!!!!!

147 replies

Dec 5, 2012 9:53 PM in response to elvenqueen86

Just had to switch to a new hard drive and had to download itunes again, just bought a few songs today and once i hit sync to add them, i lost about 40 or so songs i already had on there and in a play list on my ipod. All the songs i bought were off itunes so it was nothing from a 3rd party group or anything like that, just like once i sync my iphone i lost all the pictures i already had on my phone too.

Apple really messed up on this.

Can't even add movies on my iphone 5

hope we get credited for everything we lost

Dec 9, 2012 8:34 PM in response to elvenqueen86

I had 13 $1.99 videos and 4 $11.99 that were erased when my computer's hard drive failed. I had my music saved with carbonite, except iTunes wouldn't let me save the videos or movies. I re-install a new hard drive a month later and my videos are gone. I also have a racing video on my iPod that never worked right and doesn't show up on the computer, so I cannot delete it.

Expect a call from me tommorow

Dec 10, 2012 3:28 PM in response to Midget 65

I'm on my Mac now, but I do remember having this issue with my PC a while back many, many times. Everytime I would turn around, my iTunes library was full of these things ⚠ next to every song and it wouldn't play anything, but my files were still there on my external hard drive. Forgive me if this is not what you guys were aksing about..but it saved me hours a lot of times after losing my 500+ gigs of music recognized in iTunes over the years.....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728064645AAZs3CJ

Feb 16, 2013 11:19 AM in response to MHoep

IVE BEEN GOING CRAZY AND IN DENIAL EVER SINCE THIS HAPPENED ! ive been looking everywhewere online for answers to why this happened or how to bring my music back . i just found this forum and it made me feel better to know im not the only one( not to say im happy others are having the same issue) having the same issue. THIS IS INSANE! i tried to even find a 1800 for itunes but no luck! i hope someone finds a soloution to this ASAPP =((((((((((

Itunes 11 deleted ALL my music!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.