Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speakers of new imac 2013

Im willing to buy new imac 2013, but tought its quite thin and with a better screenm im wondering : Will the speakers of new imac be as good as those from 2012 version?

I really love the sound of this ones, so....what abouth 2013 model? Wont the thiner screen compromise the speakers "good" sound?

Does anyone has tried 2013 model? Thanks a lot

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:29 PM

12 replies

Feb 21, 2013 9:50 AM in response to morpheuzlal

Re iMac 2013 speaker, as far as clarity goes, a big 10. I'm playing Yo-Yo Ma Schon Rosmarin and can even hear his breathing. As far as bass goes, I'm pleased with it for classical - a subtle thunk of a bass string. But to assess fairly, I've popped in Lebanese Blonde Thievery Corporation and I have to agree the bass is not as rich as I've heard it on Bose. Or it might be that the treble is overriding it a bit cuz the treble is very clear and present.

Sep 10, 2013 11:09 PM in response to morpheuzlal

Me and my brother have 21.5 inch imac at the office. Mine is thinner version. We have just listened rihanna diamonds on youtube from both computers at the same time. Thinner version has much, much better quality. He evens wants to use external speakers after hearing the sound of my thinner version. Regarding size - bass relation, well it is not really valid in this case.

Apr 12, 2014 6:54 PM in response to morpheuzlal

Just wanted to add my thoughts real quick. Got new iMac a little over a week ago. I am pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I'm not blasting any big sounds through it, but got Pandora going right now to some old Pink Floyd Shine on you...and it ain't half bad. Keeping my desk minimalist so like not having external speakers here, and when I really want to jam out, that is what the other speaker system is for in the living room.

Anyway, I definitely think the sound is better than the previous generation, in case that helps anyone else with this question.

Remember when you were young? You shone like the sun...

Speakers of new imac 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.