Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Match and New Purchases Problem after updating to iTunes 11

Guys,

I'm facing a strange stituation here.

If I activate the iTunes Match and after that I buy something on the Store, the new purchase simply doen't apear automatically. I have to turn off the iTunes Match and turn it on again in other to have the new song in my list.

Is anybody facing this issue?

I appriciate any help...

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:17 PM

19 replies

Nov 30, 2012 9:37 PM in response to DilmarRibeiro

What I have found is if the iTM service is in what I call the "starting up state" (meaning the cloud icon next to your Music library has the moved slanted lines) then any new music you add to the iTunes library will nto show up in the library until the service is fully active. So make sure the cloud icon is clear before adding new music.

Dec 1, 2012 5:22 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Dear Michael,

The iTM was completely ok when I bought the songs. What I've noticed is that when I buy a song it is planced in the Download folder in iTunes and not it iTunes Media>Music.

I also hava an iMac,if I buy the song in my MacBook Pro, it only shows up in the library if, as I mentioned before, switch off and then on again the iTM. But it automatically apears in my iMac.

Dec 1, 2012 5:27 AM in response to DilmarRibeiro

DilmarRibeiro wrote:

The iTM was completely ok when I bought the songs. What I've noticed is that when I buy a song it is planced in the Download folder in iTunes and not it iTunes Media>Music.

Hm. What "download" folder do you mean?

DilmarRibeiro wrote:

I also hava an iMac,if I buy the song in my MacBook Pro, it only shows up in the library if, as I mentioned before, switch off and then on again the iTM. But it automatically apears in my iMac.

Ok. What happens if you buy the song on the iMac? The purchased tracks should then show up in the iTunes library of the MBP as downloadable or streamable. Is that the case?

Dec 1, 2012 5:39 AM in response to DilmarRibeiro

Ah, ok. That's normal when iTunes is downloading media. However once the download is complete it should move the completed download to the appropriate media folder. Depending on which version of iTunes you're using there should be a "Downloads" entry in the left side-bar, or you can click the button in the upper right to show the download window. Are there any stalled or active downloads? If not you can pull down Store > Check for Available Downloads and make sure there's nothing stuck in the queue.

Dec 1, 2012 7:47 AM in response to DilmarRibeiro

This is also happening to me with previously-purchased music as well. I'm having to click each track to get semi-reliable downloads now. The download folder is full of .tmp files, but only reliably downloading about half of an album at a time, so it's taking me multiple passes to get an album downloaded. Maybe I will just *turn off* iTM while I'm downloading and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks, all,

Mark

Dec 1, 2012 9:12 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Sorry, let me try to explain again...

whenever i buy a new song using the computer, this song stays in the "download" folder and doesn't appear in my library if the Itunes Match is active. To have the new song in the library I have to switch off the Itunes Match and then switch it on again every single time I buy a new song.

Have i mada myself clear?

Dec 1, 2012 2:43 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Yes, right after Radio I see "iTunes Match", I click on it it starts collecting all the informatio and I click on "Done"

If I go to the shop and buy a Song, it doesn't show up in my library yet...Can you believe it???

Just for you to have an idea. if I go to finder>music>itunes media>

The song is in the "download" folder.

Sorry to be bothering you with that...And thanks for your help!

Itunes Match and New Purchases Problem after updating to iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.