Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Not Responding (Stuck On Home Screen)

I have two Apple TVs and they both have the same issue. They will not respond to my remote from the home screen. The light on both units flashes when I use the remote so I know it's getting a signal but nothing occurs. Eventually the screensaver activates but there is no way to get either units to respond even after trying to reboot with the remote by holding down the bottom and Menu buttons simultaneously. I have tried unplugging the power source and rebooting but neither works. The units are essentially bricked! This is very frustrating and I'm at a loss for what to do. Not what I would expect from an Apple product.

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:25 PM

I found the problem. The most recent update locks your remote. Hold down menu and reverse simultaneously for 6 seconds. I just wasted a half hour on this crap and I'm REALLY mad.

18 replies

AppleTV Not Responding (Stuck On Home Screen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.