Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get the Genius Sidebar back on iTunes 11

How do you get the Genius Sidebar back on iTunes 11. How is clicking on a arrow that sometimes you miss and it wants to rename the file an improvement. then I have to click 3 times deep to get to the hidden genius recommendations? Again explain to me how this is an improvement!!!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:45 PM

21 replies

Nov 30, 2012 11:11 PM in response to mjcm_nl

Yes its on, it part of the redesign the removed it again like in r10 of course it was back a week later when they got thousands of complaints about it. You have to hit a silly tiny arrow next to song then cllick again at genius results and then again to see them I mean how stupid is that. Genius was a way for them to make money why is it hidden!

Thanks for the suggestion though 🙂

Dec 1, 2012 11:03 AM in response to thunderwalker

I can't believe Apple have taken off the Genius sidebar again!! Why they've done this after all the user complaints they got the first time they did it in itunes 10, I have no idea! It was a really useful feature which gave multiple song recommendations against each song in users' playlists, for users to purchase, which you would think was also good for Apple as it generated more business for them.

I spent ages trying to find it in itunes 11 and it's nowhere to be found. And Apple haven't even got the decency to inform the users in advance that they've taken it off, so that it would save people the time and frustration of having to look for it.

Bad move by Apple.

Dec 1, 2012 6:22 PM in response to thunderwalker

Genius Recommended Song List

I think I figured out how to access the genius Recommended Songs sidebar. This should help those of you who, like me, use genius to find new music from the iTunes Store, instead of just to create genius playlists. It appears that you CAN access my beloved Recommended Song list from iTunes 11...only NOT from your library's Songs page, but through the Albums or Artists pages.

1. Click on a song you want to see Genius Recommendations for so the song row is highlighted.

2. Go to either the Albums or Artists page by clicking the appropriate button at the top of the library screen.

3. Click "In The Store" at the top right of the new popup screen:

On the Albums Page:

User uploaded file

On the Artists Page:

User uploaded file

And, Voila! RECOMMENDED SONGS genius list. *Note, the Recommended Songs list is not song specific, but only Album or Artist Why is this? I HAVE NO IDEA. APPLE: FIX THIS.

Hope this helps!

Jan 26, 2013 5:53 PM in response to thunderwalker

iBrarian

Genius Recommended Song List

I think I figured out how to access the genius Recommended Songs sidebar. This should help those of you who, like me, use genius to find new music from the iTunes Store, instead of just to create genius playlists. It appears that you CAN access my beloved Recommended Song list from iTunes 11...only NOT from your library's Songs page, but through the Albums or Artists pages.

1. Click on a song you want to see Genius Recommendations for so the song row is highlighted.

2. Go to either the Albums or Artists page by clicking the appropriate button at the top of the library screen.

3. Click "In The Store" at the top right of the new popup screen:

On the Albums Page:

User uploaded file

On the Artists Page:

How do you get the Genius Sidebar back on iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.