8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 1:00 PM by the_Fränk
Fredbug Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This version 11 is a real mess. It crashes regularly and some of the most interesting functions of older versions are missing.

I want the old version back.

Apple has never done such awfull work.

Think this would have happened if Steve was still around.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • mende1 Level 10 Level 10 (91,125 points)

If you have a Time Machine backup, restore iTunes and library to the older iTunes version

• xasax Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

If you don't fancy iTunes 11, that's obviously your view.

However, you really shouldn't say things like that. If anything, I'm sure Steve would love iTunes 11.
    Minimalist, functional, beautiful and intuitive... Sounds like Steve to me.

• the_Fränk Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)

The onyl feature that gets lost is Coverflow.

The Music-Video section could be organized in a better way, but that's nothing new, cause in earlier version it was also only an intelligent playlist.

The PodCasts section is orginized in a more elegant way.

I love the new iTunes.

Everthing is reachable over the navigation bar.

Over the Menu-View you can change View-Option for iTunes and for Playlist.

(for Playlist also with shortcut [cmd]+J like in Finder)

Nearly everthing is reachable by drag an drop.

for example add tracks to what next's up by draging the tracks to the the playing state bar at the top.

Hovering over the track name will make an ">" visible

* for Genius

* adding to playlist

* jump to the Interpret, jump to the album, or jump to track (view)

iTunesMatch now synchs everything from playing count to changes in every tag

and on my 5 year old MacBook Pro it's even faster

• Gab'Z Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The new itunes is getting even more horrible.

I'm trying to play an album by using the "Albums" tab. However, it has split my ablum up based on the artists. E.g Thievery Coporation feat. LouLou. Which means, I can't listen to the album in totality as it was made and meant to be!!

Now, if I wanted the artists to be split up, I would have clicked on the "Artists" tab!!

Absolutely horrible!!

Not to mentioned now that I've moved to another, I have to sign up for ANOTHER itunes store account!! AND my apps can't get updated. [this is an old issue though, but it still bugs me to no end]

iTunes is getting worse and worse!

I'm trying to play an album by using the "Albums" tab. However, it has split my ablum up based on the artists. E.g Thievery Coporation feat. LouLou. Which means, I can't listen to the album in totality as it was made and meant to be!!

Now, if I wanted the artists to be split up, I would have clicked on the "Artists" tab!!

You don't knwo how to use the software even in earlier versions I notice that problem by many people.

Lesson 1:

Albums with various artists are compilations. you can mark them in the tag editing panel under options for more than one track selected or in the right buttom corner when one track is selected. Leave the album artist empty cause a compilation has no "owner"

Lesson 2:

If the Album belongs to one Artist and there are featured Artist on that Album, too:

then fill in under Artist the featured Artists as well and under Album Artist the Artist that "owns" the Album.

Lesson 3:

The lesson 2 is also the way to group artists that changed there name. for example Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy

filling in the artist tag the specif artist like Puff Daddy and under Album Artist the "owner" as Diddy or what you like most.

Lesson 4:

for the columnbrowser and interpret list you can know choose under View->Columnbrowser:

Lesson 4.1:

If all artist incl. featured artist should show up as individual artist or if only the album artist ("owner") should show up

Lesson 4.2:

if the artist of an compilation should show up if they only exists in that compilation.

The problem, you have, is based on how you (not) organize your tracks.

• Gab'Z Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks the_Frank! That really helped a lot... though it was a bit personal.

I didn't know that iTunes was so difficult to organise. I just have no idea what all these functions do anymore...

• tomski84 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

But doing the "compilation" trick in iTunes 11 doesn't display "various artists" anymore in album view, anyone else noticed this? It displays the first artist from the compilation instead, which is annoying

that seems to be a bug, I will report it