Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does an alarm sound (beep) mean when your MacBook is blocked ?

Hello,

It is the third time that my MacBook Pro is blocked (no mouse or keyboard) and that at the same time an alarm sound beeping like an ambulance occurs...

I wonder why and I'm afraid of what could append next.

Do you know what this means ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:44 AM

Run an Apple hardware test. The only audible alarms that I am aware of indicate RAM problems.

Ciao.

14 replies

Dec 2, 2012 12:58 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you for your answer. But I have no special dialog box when this alarm occurs. I just loose the mouse and the keyboard, and the sound is so strong that I press the shutdown button to stop it. I cannot really remember which application was running at the same time, but there is a possibility that I was running Skype, at leat ones, but I cannot garantee that it was the case each time.

Dec 2, 2012 1:07 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks OGELTHORPE for your answer.

I'am afraid your're right and this is why I have ask this question ...

I have tried to find an Hardware Test on my Mac but it seems that there is not anyone available (as it was the case with other Apple computers yesterday). Do you know wether I can download one one the internet ?

What does an alarm sound (beep) mean when your MacBook is blocked ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.