Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing documents from pages?

I used to be able to share the newsletter that I publish from PAGES, with our club members by using the share option (email PDF), but it's not working now. Anyone can give me some input? (Using Desk Top iMac with OS Mountain Lion 10.8.2

iMac Desktop, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:55 PM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2012 4:40 AM in response to Helimom

While I think the method suggested by Joe and Fruhulda is better than the Share method because it leaves you a copy of the pdf that you can file away, and the Dropbox idea is even better because the rcipients get to choose whether they want to download the pdf or not, the most common reason I have seen for this not working in Mountain Lion is that the file name includes an illegal symbol.

Dec 2, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Helimom

I've seen more than one user ask about the Share button in the toolbar & that's what I thought you were asking. So I gave you the way to send a PDF via e-mail directly from Pages.

I never use the Share menu to send something via e-mail, As Jeff said, saving the file as a PDF first gives you the file to save which you can then send again, if needed.

User uploaded file

sharing documents from pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.