7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 10:38 AM by Peggy
Helimom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I used to be able to share the newsletter that I publish from PAGES, with our club members by using the share option (email PDF), but it's not working now.  Anyone can give me some input? (Using Desk Top iMac with OS Mountain Lion 10.8.2

iMac Desktop, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
  • Rambling Joe Level 2 Level 2 (280 points)

I'm not running OS 10.8.2 yet, but can you use the Print option and save as a PDF?  Then email the file created by the save as PDF?

Good luck.

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8 (38,490 points)

The Share button in the toolbar was for sharing documents via iWork.com which no longer exists. But you can still share via e-mail from the Share menu.

Share menu 1.png

Peggy_sig.png

• Helimom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'll try that my next attempt.  I went around by using public file in drop box, copied link then emailed the link to my PDF

• Helimom Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Peggy thanks for trying to help, but that's exactly what is NOT working.  That was my routine way of sharing our Newsletter but now it just sits there and doesn't open mail with the attached PDF like it used to last month, NOW nothing at all happens.

• fruhulda Level 6 Level 6 (15,120 points)

Then open mail and attach the PDF manually!

• Jeff Shenk Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)

While I think the method suggested by Joe and Fruhulda is better than the Share method because it leaves you a copy of the pdf that you can file away, and the Dropbox idea is even better because the rcipients get to choose whether they want to download the pdf or not, the most common reason I have seen for this not working in Mountain Lion is that the file name includes an illegal symbol.

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8 (38,490 points)

I've seen more than one user ask about the Share button in the toolbar & that's what I thought you were asking. So I gave you the way to send a PDF via e-mail directly from Pages.

I never use the Share menu to send something via e-mail, As Jeff said, saving the file as a PDF first gives you the file to save which you can then send again, if needed.

Peggy_sig.png