Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take screenshots in Windows 8 with an Apple wireless keyboard?

I'm using boot camped Windows 8 on a MBP with Retina Display and the Apple wireless keyboard as well. So how do I go about taking screenshots when I'm playing games or of my desktop in general? I looked it up and it's been said that Fn + Shift + F11 works, but I've already chosen to use my hot keys as standard function keys in BC Control Panel, so now whenever I press Fn + F11, it just decreases the volume.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 2:13 PM

6 replies

May 10, 2013 8:22 PM in response to CTearz

Sorry to bump an old thread, but many months later, the problem remains unsolved. At least for me, I'm still not sure how to do it. Snipping Tool works great if you only want to screenshot a portion of the screen, but it's pretty inconvenient if you want to capture the whole screen.

I can't open Boot Camp Assistant in Windows 8, so maybe that has something to do with it. If anyone can answer this question in the future, please do. 😉

May 11, 2013 9:25 AM in response to Allan Jones

I know what you mean. A USB keyboard would solve my problem too, but it'd be pretty ridiculous and inconvenient to plug and unplug a separate keyboard just to take a screenshot every time I need to. My Fn + F11/12 buttons are already configured to control volume when I press them, so it seems what other people suggest doesn't work for me.

How do I take screenshots in Windows 8 with an Apple wireless keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.