Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I search songs on my iPhone?, Why cant I search songs on my iPhone?

With this new iTunes 11, I can't search songs on my iPhone. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 3:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2013 12:32 AM in response to Adel1020

I have had this problem for a long time with the music app on my iPhone. Turns out this problem starting occurring as my iPhone was updated with the iOS 6.0 and the problem was constant. Everytime I tried searching for something the search engine would only give me artists and albums - but no songs.

Now the problem is resolved. I'm not a 100 % sure how this happened but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the recent update of software on my iPhone to iOS 6.1. As of now I'm having the iTunes version 11.0.1.12 if this is of interest to anyone having the same problem.

I hope this can be of use to someone since this bug is the most annoying bug I have ever experienced. I have a 32 GB iPhone 4 and around 27 GB of that space is filled with music. I use the music app extensively!

Feb 1, 2013 12:57 AM in response to rubennn

When I search in the music app for an artist say Dire Straits for example

It shows the artsit first then Albums and then tracks as I go down the page.

If I tap on the artist match it shows me all the albums.

If i select an album from the search results it shows me the tracks of that Album

If I want to see all the tracks I scroll down the search list and they are there

Why cant I search songs on my iPhone?, Why cant I search songs on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.