Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At my wits' end! I have an airport express, and have a seagate drive attached to it. I'd like to use it to stream video to my ps3. My PS3 is on my network working well...but how do i stream video to it??

I have tried multiple ways to get my computer/network to stream movies to my PS3. I have a laptop that I had originally planned to use as my media server. I have tried 4 separate programs--1. Ps3 media server 2. Simple Center 3. WMP11 and 4. TVersity. My computer is definitely set up to share videos. None of my server programs have detected my PS3. My PS3 does not detect a media server. The PS3 is set up to allow streaming from a media server. I use an Apple airport extreme, which is also configured to allow sharing on the network.

Today, I attached an external Seagate harddrive to my airport extreme. My laptop found it immediately. I transferred a movie to it, and then played it on my laptop flawlessly. My PS3 still does not recognize that there is a new drive.

I am absolutely at my wits end. If anyone has some suggestions, preferably in simple language--I'm no expert at networking--I'd be very

grateful

Thanks,

JP

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 6:15 PM

There are no replies.

At my wits' end! I have an airport express, and have a seagate drive attached to it. I'd like to use it to stream video to my ps3. My PS3 is on my network working well...but how do i stream video to it??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.