Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote app shows 'album artist' instead of 'artist'...

for a normal cd, i have stored the 'artist' name in the 'artist' field and also in the 'album-artist' field.

for a compilation cd, i have stored the 'artist' of a song in the 'artist field'. the 'album-artist' field contains the information 'various artists'.

User uploaded file

having done this, remote app 3 shows

• the 'album artist' field in the normal list of songs, this means i see 'various artists' instead of the name of the artist (see 1)
  • in the 'next up' list the information for the same song is shown correctly (see 2)

User uploaded file

it seems to me that there is something wrong.

or i misunderstand the meaning of the 'artist album' field.

i do hope, somebody can explain it to me, or apple sees the error and fixes it.

greez.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:52 PM

4 replies

Dec 2, 2012 8:25 AM in response to br.1

Totally agree. I need to see the Track Artist in my library song list and in my playlists instead of the "Album Artist" when using the Remote App. Simply showing "Various Artists" is not helpful if I'm trying to put together a playlist on the fly using Up Next. For example, I'd like to know if I'm adding Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" or Bing Crosby's.

remote app shows 'album artist' instead of 'artist'...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.