1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 5:44 AM by diesel vdub
i-one Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Along with the growing list of the many bugs with iOS 6 (is Apple going the way of RIM...)...

 

Brand new iP5; out of box; iOS 6.0.1... Bluetooth simply DOES NOT WORK.  I searches for devices, but never finds them.  Put it right next to MBAir, and the Air found the iP5 and tried to connect... only then did the iP5 show some sign of an attemp to connect... the sign was 'MB Air not supported on this device'... really..!!

 

Tried a variety of things... turned BT off/on, turned Airplane Mode on/off, turned iP5 off/on, tried reset... nothing resolves the issue.

 

Question is... is it a h/w problem or an iOS problem..?

 

Samsung is looking pretty good these days...  I am really starting to get tired of Apple bug issues, and planned obsolescence approach to shoaring up sales.


iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, 32GB ... Bluetooth doesn't work
  • diesel vdub Level 7 Level 7 (21,985 points)

    i-one wrote:

     

    Along with the growing list of the many bugs with iOS 6

    What bugs?  It's generally a good idea to be able to back up such statements.

     

     

    i-one wrote:

     

    Brand new iP5; out of box; iOS 6.0.1... Bluetooth simply DOES NOT WORK. 

    Really?  "DOES NOT WORK" implies it will not turn on.  But again, it's good to be able to backup such statements and your statements below contradict the one above.

     

     

    i-one wrote:

    I searches for devices, but never finds them.  Put it right next to MBAir, and the Air found the iP5 and tried to connect... only then did the iP5 show some sign of an attemp to connect... the sign was 'MB Air not supported on this device'... really..!!

     

    Tried a variety of things... turned BT off/on, turned Airplane Mode on/off, turned iP5 off/on, tried reset... nothing resolves the issue.

     

    Question is... is it a h/w problem or an iOS problem..?

    Hmmmm, seems it's working perfectly fine.  iPhones do not support connecting to computers for anything but tethering.

     

    Supported Bluetooth profiles

     

    In the future, before making such outragious and inaccurate statements, get your facts correct.