Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Call Ended" immediately after dialling number (iPhone 5)

When I try to make a phonecall, either by dialling the number or by picking a number from my contact's list, I immediately get "Call Ended". My iPhone doesn't even start dialling the number. This is usually fixed (temporarily) by rebooting the phone. This is rather annoying and scouring through Google didn't yield any results so I thought I'd try my luck here. Any help would be greatly aprreciated!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, Carrier: Telenet (BE)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 12:46 AM

I did that many times but phone dsnt work still

Help me out guys pls . Any other option ?

12 replies

Dec 2, 2012 2:02 AM in response to Jenszor

Ifthis is an issue with the phone then you can

1. Go to settings> General> Reset> Reset Network settings

2. Do a hard Reset by pressing the Home button & the power button together till you see an apple logo.

If the issue persists, then its better to check with a different sim or contact the service provider because this can be an issue with the sim as well.

If issue still persists, you can do a restore with itunes. This will resolve any solftware issues. . Follow the article for restore.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Taz

Jan 16, 2013 5:01 AM in response to Jenszor

I have had the same issue amongst others and have found that if I power phone off and then back on, the reconnection to the phone network seems to clear the issue, but this is a hassle, so I tried going to settings, phone, show my caller I.D. I turned it off and then found I was able to make calls as per normal. I turned caller I.D. back ON and all is still working for the moment. Issue seems to occur when I lose signal in an area and then reconnect to another signal tower.. Do not know if issue is with OS or service provider or SIM card.

Feb 12, 2013 3:49 PM in response to Nabilna2001

Have found that when the phone changes towers on some occasions it can lose it's (heart beat) and needs to be reset. The Easiest way to do this go to Settings, General, Celluar and turn off "enable 4G or LTE" , wait a couple of seconds till you see signal strength come back up and then turn back on "enable 4G or LTE" pending where you are located. This seems to clear the problem until next time. Same could most probably be achievd by putting phone into airplane mode and then taking it out of that mode, causing phone to reconnect to network.

A lot easier than doing a rest or reboot of the phone.

May 19, 2014 2:28 PM in response to Jenszor

I found that the problem is with the SIM. When I bought my iPhone 5s it was delivered with a "hand cropped SIM" to make it "nano-SIM" and that's what makes the "call ended" problem occurs.

I asked to my carrier changing the cropped SIM by a real (original) nano-SIM and the problem is over.

If you don't know wich SIM card your iPhones uses then review this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5554

I hope the information is useful.

Regards

"Call Ended" immediately after dialling number (iPhone 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.