Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Happens If I Never Upgrade?

iTunes 11 is missing too many useful features, especially DJ and gapless editing. I also love using coverflow to visually choose albums. iTunes 11 offers no new features that I want. Not a single thing. And it is annoying that an essential navigation interface element like the sidebar is not there by default and has to be summoned by a menu command.

It seems I won't be upgrading from here. I realize that makes no difference right now but what difference might it make further down the track? If iTunes ceases to be workable at some future point is there an alternative music organizer available that is similar to iTunes 9 or 10?

After many many years of introducing desireable features they are going in directions I no longer want to go. When they dropped Rosetta I decided to never go beyond Snow Leopard. Removing Mobile Me services meant that I cannot trust Apple to consistently provide an online service so I avoid iCloud. After being Apple all the way since 1980 I can picture myself choosing another platform eventually. It is sad for me.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:38 AM

1 reply

What Happens If I Never Upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.