Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get email rules work also on iPhone/iPad

Hello there,

my name is Thommy. I have a question to use mail on the iPhone and iPad.

On my mac I can in the mail program under settings select email rules to have the email right away ruted into a mail box.

I can see the mail box also on my iPhone and iPad but the mails are only routed on my mac into the corresponding folder.

On the iPhone and iPad they just arrive in the mailbox inbox.

How can I also get the mails on my iPhone and iPad to go directly to the correct mail boxes?

Hope someone knows the trick or maybe this is not possible at all to do?

Thank you for your feedback in advance.

Thommy

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:36 AM

Sorry, not possible on any iOS device. If you want any "rules" for mail, you must do this at the server level, as you cannot do so on your phone, and local rules, created on your computer, will not sync to your phone.

10 replies

Nov 29, 2016 3:22 PM in response to HV85

Here is somewhat of a solution. I have lots of rules on my MacBook mail (Seirra) for my Gmail account. I basically use rules to move things into folders. My iOS devices reflect the rules after they are run on my MacBook. Obviously if the MacBook is not running or awake the rules aren't run. But as soon as I open the lid all my messages are sorted with the rules.

This may only work for Gmail. Even web Gmail reflects my rules. Hope this helps.

How to get email rules work also on iPhone/iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.