Skip navigation

Filevault - sparsebundle operation not supported problem - please help

691 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 3:02 PM by MacLinds RSS
MacLinds Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 2, 2012 3:18 AM

hi there,

I recently did something dumb and tried to clear space on my hard drive by deleting some folders that I wasn't sure of the purpose. After this when I tried to log back into my computer I got the Filevault needs repairing you can't access message.

thankfully due to some threads on this webpage I was able to regain access as a different user. I have read write access to the sparsebundle. My old files and photos are still on the corrupted sparsebundle and will not mount.

I have tried quite a few commands and have got the error message (when I click on the sparsebundle image), operatioon not supported by the socket

When I try to use disk utility to fix the problem I get 'no mountable file systems"

I have also tried going in as root user.

Does anyone out there who is savvy with this stuff know how I can retrieve all those photos.....

Many thanks,

MacBook (13-inch Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.