Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do it get the sound to work without using headphones?

The sound only works when the headphones are plugged in. I want to play music without using headphones. how can i do this? When I unplug the headphones there is no sound so i pushed the volume up button up and down and nothing happened.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:43 AM

Double-click the Home button and swipe the Task Bar to the right. Check Volume and Mute settings.

8 replies

Dec 2, 2012 7:50 AM in response to HannahWW

Some general debugging steps in order:

Restart iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPad. To turn iPad back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.

Reset iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off".

Restore iPad: Connect to iTunes on a PC/Mac and do a restore.

Dec 27, 2012 11:37 AM in response to Jill Zung

Hi Jill, just had this problem on my wife's iPad 4. To resolve it I held in the home button whilst simultaneously holding in the sleep button until the IPad switched off completely. I left it for about 10 seconds and then turned it on again by keeping the sleep button pressed in until the iPad came alive and the problem was solved. I had tried a number of settings, including the mute switch next to the volume rocker, but none had succeeded. If you still have the problem give it a try. Mike

how do it get the sound to work without using headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.