Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I hate the search in new iTunes 11 store. I miss the "Power Search" in music, choosing artist or song title, sorting by alphabetical or popularity or genre, etc. Can this be done in version 11?

I hate the search in new iTunes 11 store. I miss the "Power Search" in music, choosing artist or song title, sorting by alphabetical or popularity or genre, etc. Can this be done in version 11?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 8:02 AM

15 replies

Dec 3, 2012 1:08 PM in response to fpearl

Hello,

I asked the same question to Apple and to the Community; and in the meantime I found a partial solution.

First, there's no Power Search in iTunes 11. But, you can use the Search place in the upper right hand corner of the ITunes Store and type the artist, song musical piece, compsoser, etc; and you will find most of the information that you need. Then you can buy albums, individual songs, etc.

Dec 21, 2012 4:38 AM in response to fpearl

So I think I might have just found a workaround for this. This has been driving me effin crazy. I'll just tell you how I got to it and then you can try it out yourself with whatever band you like. First I searched for "Macklemore" in the top right search engine in iTunes Store. After that, normally you would click on "Songs" on the top right and then find out that Apple blows with sorting now...idiots, I know. Instead, go where it says "Artists and More" and under that go ahead and click on "Macklemore >". Then you'll see albums, songs, music videos etc. To the very far right of "Songs" click on "See All". Booyah. Do a happy dance and don't forget to put your chewing gum on the front of Apple's glass door when you walk by for "fixing" what doesn't need to be fixed. Now you can sort by popularity or whatever. Not sure why it's like this buy really freakin stupid.

<Edited By Host>

Dec 28, 2012 8:09 AM in response to fpearl

I found power search in iTunes 11.

1. In the home window of the iTunes store, click the Music dropdown in the top toolbar showing the home icon and the various categories of selection.

2. Select Jazz.

3. In the right-hand panel under JAZZ QUICK LINKS is an option "Advanced Jazz Search" – click it.

4. In the next display, change the Power Search dropdown from "All Results" to "Music"

Voila! You can carry out a power search.

Jan 29, 2013 10:07 PM in response to fpearl

iTunes 11 is the worst upgrade decision ever! I hate not have the option to search for a specfic artist or song title... I guess the good thing about this is that iTunes will be losing my business when it comes down to purchasing of music. What were they thinking! Why would they leave the "Browse" and take away the "Power Search"! At least leave the one that is worth using... Which would be the Power Search option. I really hope that they realize how unhappy iTunes users are with this and they fix it! Although I am scared of what they'll do next. If someone finds the Power Search option for real let us all know. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.