Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 duplicated songs - duplicates have iCloud icon

After updating to iTunes 11 many songs in my music library have been duplicated. The duplicate songs have an iCould icon next to them in the songs list. If I delete the duplicate (the one with the iCould icon), that song is no longer available for me to download from the "purchased" section of the store. The only way to get rid of the duplicate is to remove the song from my song list (the one without the iCloud icon) and download it again. This is a lot of work for more than 100 songs. Is there a way to turn off the feature that lists songs that it things have not been downloaded?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:56 AM

9 replies

Dec 5, 2012 11:19 AM in response to barryfromgrandforks

Similar issue. I have two copies of approx 400 songs. One has the cloud and one doesn't. I assume that the one without the cloud was previously downloaded after purchasing on my iPhone. After I download the cloud copy; I now have two copies of the same song.

You can go into preferences and unclick the box thast says "show songs from iTunes in the cloud" (something like that). Then your library will not reflect the cloud songs; reducing the count back to the number of songs downloaded

Hope this is informative even if not helpful.

Nov 9, 2013 9:54 AM in response to barryfromgrandforks

I just downloaded the latest and greatest iTunes (version 11.1.3.8) and I clicked on the "search media" (or something like that) and it searched my computer and found hundreds of songs and it built my music library.

Oddly, though, it shows two of every song.

Nothing in this support thread works for me so I assume it's because I have a newer version of iTunes.

There is a "Show duplicate items" in the View menu, but there isn't a "Don't show duplicates".

So, what do I do with the duplicates? There are too many to delete, plus I'm afraid that they might be pointing to the same song. I don't think I have two of every song listed there.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Dec 4, 2013 4:18 PM in response to barryfromgrandforks

I am having this same issue but it has nothing to do with the cloud.

I wiped my PC and reinstalled iTunes. When I imported my music to itunes from our home network/share iTunes duplicated every song in my library (4,725). It did not matter where the song came from originally. I have some iTunes purchases, some misc downloads, copies burned from CD, etc, etc...

I have tried deleting and re-importing several times with no luck. I did not have this problem with iTunes 10.

Please, please, please, somebody help!!

iTunes 11 duplicated songs - duplicates have iCloud icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.